Breakfast Club Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join our successful team, where we provide wrap around care at the start of each day. We are seeking to appoint a Breakfast Club Assistant to support in managing the day-to-day running of our busy and thriving Breakfast Club, to ensure that it meets the care, play and educational needs of our pupils.
The appointed candidate will:
• Assist the Breakfast Club Leader with the day-to-day running of the provision, ensuring the service meets the care, play and educational needs of the children.
• Be pro-active in supporting a lively range of play activities.
• Support with providing a safe, happy and stimulating environment for shared eating, play and games.
• Administer first aid, when required and be aware of medical conditions of children attending the provision.
• Excellent communication skills to develop outstanding relationships with colleagues, children and parents.
• An understanding about the importance of safeguarding and keeping children safe.
Ideally, you will have recent experience of working in a school / early year setting, however full training will be given. A relevant qualification: Level 2 Play worker / Level 2 Food Hygiene or similar is desirable
We offer a supportive, friendly environment and high-quality developmental opportunities in order to further develop your expertise.
Working times will be 5.00 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 7.30am – 8.30am, term time only.
£9.36 - £9.55 per hour, depending on experience.
Bitterne CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide references.